Monday, January 22, 2007

Ready to Rock on 360

I was expecting a minor graphical overhaul for the 360 version of Guitar Hero II. I was not expecting this:

He has no nipples...?

Harmonix put a lot into improving the graphics rather than just rushing the 360 version and bumping up the resolution. Prepare to shred graciously in the comfort of HD Guitar Hero gaming with improved lighting techniques. Guitar Hero II for Xbox 360 is going to shine brightly and show off the extra work Harmonix put into it.

March 2007 can't come quickly enough. I was already looking forward to being able to download new songs off Xbox Live marketplace. I hadn't considered the tremendous increase of replay value through achievements, the sheer amount of time I'll spend just to increase my rank on the leaderboards and the dead sexy design of the new X-Plorer controller.

We will also be seeing additional included tracks, which I for one give both RedOctane and Harmonix an ovation for. A lot of publishers are using microtransactions available through the Marketplace to charge for trivial additions (coughEAcough) and even more infuriating, content that was included as an in-game unlockable years before. The Marketplace is supposed to influence creation of new content, not be an additional revenue plug for content that should be included with the game as it is.

I'm thankful the rumors I heard many months ago about a 360 version of the cult-classic Guitar Hero series was in the works. Harmonix has done a great job of making this the best version of Guitar Hero II to own with additional songs available through the Marketplace, graphics that completely blew away my expectations and a refined controller with a smaller neck for additional comfort, as well as a few new ports that suggest possible foot pedal accessories for your guitar down the road. I just hope Guitar Hero III will offer a wireless guitar (damn you, Microsoft!) and the addition of multiplayer gameplay over Live. I'll end this post with the inclusion of the new tracks made available for this version.

Billion Dollar Babies (as made famous by Alice Cooper)
Hush (as made famous by Deep Purple)
Dead! (by My Chemical Romance) - Master Track
Life Wasted (as made famous by Pearl Jam)
Rock N Roll Hoochie Koo (as made famous by Rick Derringer)
The Trooper (as made famous by Iron Maiden)
Salvation (as made famous by Rancid)
Possum Kingdom (by Toadies) - Master Track
Drink Up (as made famous by Ounce of Self)
Kicked to the Curb (as made famous by Noble Rot)


ADD TO DIGG

No comments: