Monday, November 27, 2006

An Empty Promise

Well... it snowed for what seemed like a grand total of five minutes yesterday in Oregon. I was pissed off because I love snow and I knew there was no way it was gonna stick or get any heavier. It was way too sunny out and there were only intermittent clouds scattered across the Portland Metro area.

We were supposed to have a snowstorm last night. It didn't happen. It's been awhile since Portland had a good amount of snow. I remember when the cold air currents from Canada somehow made it down into Oregon and it started snowing one day in January of 2004. We went back to school for one day before it hit us and we had the entire rest of the week off. Not only was there a huge snowstorm, but at one point it was so cold that we got hit with freezing rain and a two-inch thick insulating layer of frozen rain covered the snow everywhere. It was hard to even walk more than a few blocks on this stuff.

I can't imagine we'd actually have the fortune of experiencing a similar Winter this year, but one can always hope. In the meantime, it's still cold as fuck out and I still haven't picked up a good winter hat yet. Any suggestions?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Pretty great post. I just stumbled upon your weblog and wanted to mention that I've truly loved browsing your blog posts. In any case I will be subscribing in your feed and I hope you write again very soon!

Review my blog post - home car Insurance quotes