Sunday, February 04, 2007

J-Clip Album Concepts

I've been working on an album cover for a buddy of mine; he goes by the name of J-Clip and he raps. I just thought I'd share a few concept images I'm working on for his name logo. Comments, suggestions, dead babies: all appreciated.

Concept 1: Here I started fleshing out the concept. I'd say this is an example of me messing around and trying to find something I like more than anything. I like the 'J', but both the 'J' and the 'L' didn't really go with the rest of the letters.

Concept 2: I'm getting closer to the final product. Please take note that the 'j' is more of a filler now than anything; I'm still having trouble finding out exactly what I want to do with it. I took a piece out of the 'i' and made the 'L' go into it in order to give the logo a little more personality. At this point I'd best describe the logo as "goofy." I also took a similar piece out of the dot above the 'i' to further emphasize the pattern. A web designer just came into the Subway where I work and said the L looks like an arm flexing. I thought that was neat.

Those are the two closest to complete concepts I have. I'll update when I'm completely finished of course. I can't wait to quit Subway so I can focus strictly on school, graphic design, and learning new shit. I think I'm gonna get more into programming, but first I really need to freshen up my CSS/HTML skills. We will see if I can stay motivated.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You write very well.